Connect: social and community news from IEMA
IEMA's November events.
Sustainability and climate change
21 November 2018
In partnership with IEMA, this theatre at EMEX 2018 is your unique opportunity to learn about effective techniques and opportunities for change from leading professionals creating our low-carbon sustainable future. Explore a range of common challenges, opportunities, visions and strategies, from company reporting to climate change adaptation. Featured discussions include:
- Climate change and sustainability reporting: core to business solutions
- UK’s climate change transition: a progress update and the next challenge?
- British standards for carbon management: including PAS 2080 – the world’s
- first standard for managing infrastructure carbon
- Breaking new ground: farming and forestry providing new opportunities for climate action.
For more information and to register, visit bit.ly/2CnGubx
Leeds recycling and energy recovery facility
22 November 2018
The new recycling and energy recovery facility in Leeds is designed to remove recyclable waste from household black bins and recover energy from what is left over, reducing the amount of waste sent to landfill. The facility will improve the city’s recycling and energy recovery rates, and is designed to high standards to ensure it has a positive impact on the local environment.
You will see an innovative site first-hand and find out how Leeds City Council is working to improve and evolve waste management.
To register, visit bit.ly/2Af3AQc
Policy Insight Briefing – London
27 November 2018
2019 will be a year full of political, regulatory and legislative changes. This essential half-day session will prepare you for the major changes ahead for UK environment and sustainability professionals. We will look at key issues that will impact your business:
- The proposed new Environment Act
- Biodiversity and environmental net gain
- Mandatory carbon reporting understanding
- Resources and waste strategy
- International standards.
This workshop is worth three hours of IEMA-recognised CPD.
To register, visit bit.ly/2ye2cuS